De Lima hits House over privacy violation and she's being harassed after her mobile number address were publicly disclosed

MANILA - Senator Leila de Lima cried foul after the House of Representatives allowed her personal cellphone number and home address to be disclosed to the public.

In a statement, De Lima expressed her "utter dismay" at what the "lack of sheer humanity" displayed at Tuesday's House inquiry.

"I have no adequate words to express my utter dismay about the lack of foresight and/or utter lack of sheer humanity displayed today during what I can only describe as a blatant exercise in harassment and persecution that is the so-called House of Representatives 'inquiry'. I condemn and vehemently protest the sheer indecency and foulness of allowing my cellphone number and home address to be publicly disclosed," she said.

According to De Lima, she has been bombarded with text messages and phone calls from unknown people.

ADVERTISEMENT





"As of 8:00PM tonight, I have been bombarded by text messages, numbering almost 2000, and phone calls from unknown persons, threatening me, harassing me, calling me the vilest of names," she added.

"They have basically destroyed my right to privacy and security in my communications and in my abode. I am now literally a persecuted person displaced from my home. Worse, they have turned people into weapons of destruction," De Lima added.

For De Lima, it is a shame to compare the Philippines with Singapore, with all the things that are happening in the country.

"This is the country that we live in today. We shame ourselves before our countrymen and the world that we dare compare ourselves to Singapore in terms of making people feel safe," she said.

De Lima added that her detractors have turned her into an example of what will happen to those who dare criticize the government.
"What the people have to realize is that this is not just an offense against me, but against everyone. They are making me into an example of what will happen to those who dare criticize and call out the abuses of those in power. Who would dare stand up for others now? The real victim here is the people, the oppressed," she said.

De Lima is at the center of a House inquiry on the alleged proliferation of the illegal drug trade in the New Bilibid Prison (NBP) during her term as justice secretary.

Several inmates testified at a House probe that De Lima received millions in drug payoffs when she was still head of the justice department, an allegation she has repeatedly denied.

SPONSOR





Source: abs-cbn

Share this story!

Visit and follow our website: Duterte News Global

© Duterte News Global

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter
Loading...
De Lima hits House over privacy violation and she's being harassed after her mobile number address were publicly disclosed De Lima hits House over privacy violation and she's being harassed after her mobile number address were publicly disclosed Reviewed by Breaking News on 9:43:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.