President Duterte:"Wala ako paki sa SC, I will declare martial law period"



President Rodrigo Duterte will declare martial law and nobody will stand in his way not even the Supreme Court or a legal basis to declare it.

"I tell you now, if I have to declare Martial Law, I will declare it. Not about invasion, insurrection, not about danger. I will declare Martial Law to preserve my nation, period," said Duterte in a speech at Marco Polo Hotel in Davao City Saturday night.


"Kung gusto ko at it will deteriorate into something really virulent, I will declare Martial Law if I wanted to. Walang makapigil sa akin," he added.

Duterte said that not even the High Court magistrates could stop him if he made up his mind that martial law was the only solution to saving the country.


Wala akong pakialam diyan sa Supreme Court or -because the thing, the right to preserve ones life and my nation, my country transcends everything else even the limitation," said Duterte.

Under Article VII, Section 8 of the 1987 Constitution, Duterte can only declare martial law in case of invasion or rebellion, when the public safety requires it. Matial law can only last up to 60 days and it must be sanctioned by both Congress and the SC.


[SOURCE]



Share this story!

Visit and follow our website: Duterte News Global

© Duterte News Global



Disclaimer: Contributed articles does not reflect the view of newstrendph.com. This website cannot guarantee the legitimacy of some of the information contributed to us. You may do additional research if you find some information doubtful.

Loading...
President Duterte:"Wala ako paki sa SC, I will declare martial law period" President Duterte:"Wala ako paki sa SC, I will declare martial law period" Reviewed by Breaking News on 11:22:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.